Diamond “Micro” Core Drills
These core drills are particularly suited for drilling glass, silicon and ceramic materials. It is strongly recommended that coolant be used through the center of the drill. It is sometimes possible to flood cool, but this does not effectively remove swarf and does not cool as well so it hastens tool wear.
Water swivels are available that will mount on your collet (See below)
Micro Core Drills
|Size (OD) inches||Size (ID) inches|
(Specify either the ID or OD
**Custom sizes are available, as are disintegrating drills, solid mills, etc.
**Large Drills available from 10mm OD to 170mm OD – Please call **
Click here for more info about mini water swivels
- Standard length is 2-1/2″; different lengths are available
- Standard tolerance is +/- 0.001″; +/- 0.00025″ available at 30% premium
- Can be Mounted to Branson, Belgian , or other adapters
- Slots, counterbores, and ID waterways can be provided
- Larger sizes available from 4mm diameter to 170mm diameter
Drills can be mounted on: 5/8″-18 female, 3/8″-24 female or male (branson type) adaptors, or straight adapter (i.e. 1/4″ diameter X 1″ long or 3/8″ X 1″ long)
Large Water Coolant Swivels: 3/8″- 24 with 5/8″ shaft (shown) and 5/8″- 18 with 7/8″ shaft are available